Introducing OASIS4 Climate Change Software Methodology
Since 2019 we've been gathering unique insights into the ways software can help prepare individuals and communities deal with climate change-related problems, impacts and natural disasters.
While there are many ways to build software, we have come to the conclusion that solutions for climate change impacts are at their best when they are Open; Accelerated; in agreement with the latest Science (as stated by the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change); Insightful; and meet SMART goals and objectives.
We call this unique software methodology OASIS4 Climate Change.
The name is also symbolic. Climate change is increasing desertification in some parts of the world. A protected oasis that shelters and nurtures life in the midst of a spreading desert is a good analogy for the work that lies ahead of us all.
OASIS4 Climate Change Software Methodology
Software solutions that address climate change problems are at their best when they are:
OASIS4 Climate Change Subscriptions
We know that software cannot stop the heating of the planet.
But it can - and must - help us respond to it better!
Our new free OASIS4 Climate Change service is part of our ongoing effort to learn and share our findings, and spread the knowledge far and wide, on the ways and means to build software solutions for climate change problems.
OASIS4 Climate Change+ is a premium paid subscription service that grants you exclusive access to a range of content and benefits! Members:
- Attend private live webinars, including: practical demos, topic deep dives, and prototype building
- Access premium tools, content, and services
- Can "Ask Us Anything", suggest and vote on upcoming newsletter topics, questions, and test prototype ideas
- Support open-source software R&D for climate change
In this week's issue:
- Building Software Solutions for a Rapidly Changing World
- Top Problems Getting Citizens to Act on Climate Change